Music has always been my savoir. The bond that connects my childhood with my life, each adventure connects to a song. Each moment can be remembered uniquely if there is some music attached to it. Well, I know it’s a bad habit, but I tend to listen to a particular song till I grow tired of it, at least for the time being. In this post, I intend on listing the songs that stick out on my head for any particular moments in life and I will try my best to post any event relevant to the music.
1. White flag – Dido
This song reminds me of the time I spent in travelling from Butwal to Palpa. Me and some pals of mine were travelling to the ancient fortress of Palpa. The road itself was quite serene. There were trees, rivers, waterfalls everything. Whenever I listen to this song again, I will always remember with fondness the time spent in that travel and the afterwards.
Though totally unrelated, I listened to this song for continuous 3 hours of drive through the cell phone of my dear friend Janghae.
The snap below shows the remainder of that day. The weather was perfect, so was the company and music for me was heavenly. Incredible day indeed!!!
2. Baau le bihe gardenaan – Prakash Ojha
Despite the controversies surrounding the singer, this song was, no doubt, in the tongue of every child during its popular times. Well this song reminds me of a really disgusting experience that I encountered as a child during the Army-Maoist conflict. I was travelling with my family to Bhairahawa to spent Dashain there but unfortunately for us, the security check on those days meant that the buses weren’t allowed to travel at night and we were stuck in the middle of highway on the bus. This song reminds me of the time I tried to sleep throughout the night but was kept awake as the song was being played on a nearby radio, time and again. Despite being an uncomfortable night, the experience has taught me to grasp the darkness and of course listen to the creepy funny music that has a real humor to it.
I remember this song with disgust to security checks that lengthened the 8 hours’ drive to 28 hours and made travelling, for average citizens, a living hell. To hell with security, leaving busloads of people in outskirts of jungles while they could have easily reached their destination was the decision our country decided to follow.
3. Stop crying your heart out – Oasis
Every song has its moments. For this song, the best seems as where I heard it first, in the end of fantastic Butterfly Effect movie. But for me, this song reminds me of the toiling and learning and enjoyable moments of my minor project. The scenery around Bheja’s home, the time spent on debugging, learning about destructors and the way they destroyed our night’s sleep, it has it all described words by words. Thanks to noisy neighbors fan Oasis for a really wonderful piece of music that touches my heart every time I listen to it. And thanks to Bheja and Gede for the awesome project experience, it was a moment worth savoring.
Well, it seems like I can recall this much for today. I will be editing this post whenever I feel that I have content worth adding. To all readers, try relating music with life. Your life is such an experience that has many tunes to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment